Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
Can you believe it’s Friday? More importantly, can you believe it’s the Friday before Labor Day weekend? Where did the time go? For this style writer, a lot of this past month has been spent on the road — this particular week, that mean a long, relaxing (and fairly stylish) summer vacation to Florida, including some excellent time spent in the sun and sand. Plus, the trip was capped off by a standout AC/DC concert at the BB&T Center in Fort Lauderdale — I think my hearing is still recovering. Seriously, though — what a band. You can read much more here, but know that it was worth the early, early flight back to New York the next morning (to say the least). Throughout this past month, it’s also been great to travel back to Michigan for a wedding weekend and a Grand Rapids trip (all the while focused on travel style). I’ve also been really thankful this summer to check so many items off my to-do list, from an upstate trip to see Lucius, one of my favorite bands, to a standout weekend at Governors Ball and a heck of a Saturday at Panorama. The chance to travel so many neat places, spend so much time with great friends and check out so many cool sights and sounds is one I definitely don’t take for granted — and I hope it’s been a summer of checking things off your to-do list as well (with plenty of highlights, to boot!). But we’re not done yet — with Labor Day coming up, there are still plenty of chances to dress in style; what else would you expect? And we’ve got a jam-packed next few weeks of content — you can look out for a Fall Style Wish List and neat features that run the gamut from what to wear during football season to more personal travel style posts. Are you ready? I sure am. Keep up with daily style tips and tricks on Instagram, and check out a bit more daily #menswear at The Style Guide Facebook page.
- Perhaps most importantly before we really get into it, figure out how to dress for Labor Day weekend right here on The Style Guide (it’s a must-read!).
- Need advice on how to switch up your office style? Check out this week’s #OOTD (and enter a giveaway!) featuring Paul Fredrick and a stylish denim dress shirt. And! Note that it’s part of Paul Fredrick’s 30th Anniversary Sale, which runs until September 5th. Oh, and there’s more! The brand is running a sweepstakes, and one lucky winner — just one — gets a $500 Paul Fredrick gift card, while 30 (yes, 30!) will get individual $30 gift cards — not bad, right?? You can — and should — enter the sweepstakes through September 5th.
- The folks at Esquire keep churning out stellar journalism — the latest this week is a piece on four millennial men and their incomes, plus the myriad ways those different incomes impact their lives. Definitely makes you think, ehh?
- If you’re a fan of retro sneakers, check out the styles New Balance is bringing back for its 110th anniversary.
Need one last story to read?
- If you need more Labor Day style essentials, check out the top picks I rounded up over at GearMoose — I think they’re some pretty stylish selections, if I do say so myself!