How are you dressing for the office this winter? Perhaps you’ve been layering up for some time and are starting to hit a bit of a rut? That’s where today’s #OOTD comes into play. We’re going to have some fun with this one by shaking up the rugged layers you’d normally wear on a fall or winter weekend (including a classic flannel shirt), and we’re going to translate them to your 9-to-5 grind (especially if you work in a business casual office). That seems to be the case with most office environments these days, so that’s why we’ll kick it off with an office-ready flannel shirt and go from there. To wit: The same Faherty Brand flannel shirt you love to wear on the weekend (seen below) works in perfect harmony at the office when paired up with other favorites (like a casual knit blazer for a bit of polish and laidback cool). Other essentials are also critical here, including a classic pair of men’s denim for the ultimate in business casual style. The great thing about these picks is that, yes, you can also wear them during off-duty hours, too. But when you need to pull it all together? Once again, today’s #OOTD makes it all happen. It’s cozy, it’s casual, it’s cool … and it’ll still turn heads (the right way) at the water cooler. Let’s get to work.
- The Office-Ready Shirt: Faherty Brand Stretch Seaview Flannel, $148 — Yes indeed, there’s such a thing as an office-ready flannel shirt, and it’s being made by Faherty Brand. Nothing better than that.
- The Blazer: Grayers Albemarle Herringbone Knit Blazer, $155 — This casual knit blazer from Grayers is crisp enough to wear to the office, yet just as ready to layer atop your favorite henley for a casual weekend outing. In this case, it’s cool and stylish enough for your Monday morning meeting.
- The Outer Layer: Taylor Stitch Winslow Parka in Wool Beach Cloth, $298 — There’s no telling how nasty the weather on your commute could get (or on your happy hour trek), so this rugged parka from Taylor Stitch (assuredly one of the best men’s winter parkas) is the right layering move.
- The Slim Denim: Mott and Bow Wooster Denim, $118 — When you want a pair of the best men’s denim, there’s but one way to go: That’d be Mott and Bow. The deep blue color here on these slim jeans makes these a classic pair of men’s denim, one that’s uniquely suited for the office.
- The Dress Boots: Rhodes Footwear Dean Cap Toe Boots, $220 — Folks, for navigating slippery city streets in style, reach for some of the best men’s dress boots on the market — the Rhodes Dean Boots from Huckberry are well-suited to your commute and a busy day on the grind, to be sure.
- The Watch: Zodiac Watches Grandville Watch, $495 — There’s an argument to be made for finding the best casual watch — one you can wear on the weekends, and yes, one that works at the office with a classic pair of men’s denim and a casual knit blazer.
- The Socks: CHUP Montana Socks, $35 — Make no mistake, the best men’s socks are as crucial a part of your #OOTD as, say, some of the best men’s dress boots. In fact, CHUP socks are the right way to do it.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cologne Proper Cologne in Seneca, $25 — Don’t underestimate the importance of the best cologne to wear to the office — as always, Duke Cannon comes through in the clutch. Crucially, Duke Cannon’s Proper Cologne is as good as it gets without being overpowering.
So, who’s ready to head back to the office? OK, perhaps you’re not mentally ready to dive into work after a long holiday … but ideally, this #OOTD will get you in the right frame of mind. Again, it’s all about taking pieces you’ve got in your rotation and then updating them for the office — that means your go-to top layer is the casual knit blazer from Grayers for a bit of easygoing yet office-minded style. It’s a nice complement to an office-ready flannel shirt from a brand that makes each and every piece with comfort and yet modern refinement in mind. Crucially, that whole combo works quite nicely with some of the best men’s denim — it’s a surefire business-casual winner, no doubt about it. Of course, things only get better when you step out with some of the best men’s dress boots, a pair uniquely suited to the office and the commute. The same can certainly be said of the Zodiac Grandville Watch you’re wearing for your next day at work — it’s a perfectly versatile everyday watch, and you can keep it handy for the weekend, too. Lest we forget, the reason this whole ensemble works so well is that you really CAN wear it outside — that’s where one of the best men’s winter parkas comes into play. When you round it all out with a pair of CHUP socks and Duke Cannon’s Proper Cologne, you can be sure your accessories are sealing the deal in terms of this office-ready #OOTD. Like what you see? Let me know on Twitter — and good luck at your day on the job.