Quick, check your calendars. We’re just about one week from Christmas! That’s pretty wild, all things considered. It means it’s more than time to wrap up — or get started — on your holiday shopping, and it means it’s time to plan out a holiday travel ensemble or two (right?). Click through our women’s holiday gift guide to take care of everyone from your mother to your grandma; don’t worry, we’ll remind you next week, too. And maybe pick up something from this site’s men’s style holiday gift guide — it’s gonna come in handy, trust me. I’ve got a decent jump on my own holiday shopping — and my holiday menswear wish list, for sure — but there’s definitely more work to be done. (just a bit… I guess). Before I take care of some of that shopping, I’m pretty excited to close out the week — I’m heading to the fine city of Baltimore tonight to see The Head and The Heart, the joyous indie folk rockers out of Seattle! Seeing great live shows this fall, from Bastille — as I wrote about in last Friday’s weekly recap — to Local Natives in Providence has been really special, and I’m definitely excited to hit the road again. It’s my first time in Baltimore and my first time seeing the band, makers of one of the most easily listenable, enjoyable albums of the year in “Signs of Light” — oh, and a slew of other fun, rambling and rambunctious tracks like “Shake” and “Lost in My Mind.” So it should certainly be a heck of a fun show, and a heck of a fun way to end the week. Any recommendations for neat things to do in Baltimore? Send me a tweet on Twitter and I’ll get right to it — promise! As with my recent trip to upstate New York and my Thanksgiving visit to Florida, you can expect a full #menswear blog post on Monday — and you can check out exactly what I’m wearing via my Instagram in the meantime. If you haven’t, join us over at The Style Guide Facebook page — and for now, check out some of the best men’s style news o’ the week below.
- First things first — it’s primetime layering season. And as our friends at Esquire so wisely demonstrate, you need a stylish overshirt in your closet; make it one from Style Guide favorites Buck Mason, and you’re plenty set for cold weather style.
- Speaking of cold weather style — Esquire.com is coming back at ya with an overview of a seriously warm parka you also might want to pick up this week. Now, I’m not the biggest fan of his music per se, but Drake’s design project OVO certainly keeps things moving along nicely, particularly when it comes to the brand’s collaboration with Canada Goose. Yes, the OVO x Canada Goose collaboration offers up two pricey — but decidedly warm parkas and a set of matching trucker caps for your purchasing pleasure at the Canada Goose Web site.
- Still need some help sorting out your holiday shopping? Good thing the folks at Paul Fredrick are hooking you up with 20 percent off orders of $200 or more, plus free shipping on any order. Pick up a crisp white dress shirt — or a versatile denim shirt — for the style-minded guy in your life. Oh, and know that the deadline for standard shipping delivery in advance of Christmas is 11:59 p.m. EST today (Friday, folks). Happy shopping!
- So, we’ve also got something that should be of interest to both fashion fans and fans of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” — in theaters today. Old Navy has made some classic graphic tees for the occasion, and they’ve got picks for both adults and kids. Show some of that Star Wars spirit this season, ehh?
- One last thing before we hit the road for the weekend — the new MVMT Watches Modern Sport collection, if you haven’t seen, is packed with durable, handsome and functional timepieces like the Mariner Watch, as I covered for the fine folks at GearMoose. I’ll be bringing my own Calypso Watch from the Modern Sport collection with me to Baltimore this weekend, and I can’t recommend these eye-catching, sturdy and ultra-affordable watches enough.
Have menswear-related questions? Can’t figure out what to wear for the first snowfall? We’ve got you all set — happy shopping, happy reading and have a great weekend!