Folks, can you believe we’re just three days away from Christmas? Just one weekend? I hope you’re wrapping up your work for the week, or the year, and getting ready to hit the road for some holiday fun. Be sure to check out my men’s holiday gift guide for any very last-minute gift-giving needs, and rest assured that our women’s holiday gift guide has you covered with picks for plenty of the women in your life. As for me, I’m doing my best to wrap up my work — #menswear-related and otherwise — as I hit the road today to lovely, sunny Florida for a few days with my family! I celebrated Christmas in Florida last year, and I can’t wait for this year’s festivities — it’s a welcome change of pace from the NYC cold. We’ll have our traditional Christmas Eve movie and dinner, and I’m certainly looking forward to catching some rays and kicking back with a Corona. If you’re so inclined, you can check out my adventures on Instagram — and you can of course expect a full travel style post here on the site come next week. Oh, and lastly … be sure to dress in casual-yet-comfortable holiday travel style yourself this year, yeah? Before we log off totally, know that we’ll have an exceptional Style Pick of the Week incoming tomorrow. For now, treat yourself to The Friday Read — enjoy the weekend, happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
- It’s high time we started bundling up against the cold winter weather, and on that note, my latest roundup for The Manual focuses on the best sweaters to buy this season. Can’t go wrong there, can you?
- Looking for a cool stocking stuffer that’s a neat gift for the woman who loves the outdoors (or just appreciates a cool hat)? The Six-Panel Structured Canvas Indigo Hat from Raleigh Denim is part of the brand’s new line of unisex accessories, featuring neat craftsmanship and quality. Is it on your shopping list?
- In search of a quick grooming upgrade before the holidays? Might I point you toward EVENPRIME? This simple, minimal men’s grooming line takes a uniquely Korean approach to skincare, focused on quality ingredients, clean packaging and helpful, easy-to-use products. The brand’s Core Set is pared down to two, well, core essentials, a cleanser and a moisturizer that I think you’re going to like. I’ve been trying out the brand and enjoying it immensely for the refreshing hydration of the Moisturizer in particular — I think you’ll feel the same way!
Once again, I hope you enjoy the holidays with family and friends! Thanks for reading!
Check your watch, check your calendar, check this blog — we’re just two (TWO) days away from Christmas! It’s been a hectic week between my winter trip to Baltimore and some travel to sunny Florida, but I hope you’re en route to your holiday destination — and traveling in style, of course. If you’ve slacked (big-time) on your gift buying, check out our women’s holiday gift guide and the requisite men’s holiday gift guide one final, last time. And right after we turn from Christmas, New Year’s Eve is upon us — to that end, we’ll cover what to wear on New Year’s Eve in the next few days. And we’ll be going through men’s style resolutions for 2017, too. If your resolutions include upgrading your workout gear, you’d do well to enter this site’s latest menswear giveaway. But back to business. It’s been great to reflect on a stellar year in NYC over the last few days; that includes the chance to build on my career in fashion PR, write this blog and pursue my passion through other great menswear sites like The Manual and GearMoose. We’re not done with the style content on this blog for 2016 yet — far from it. For now, I’ll leave you today with the best in men’s style — I hope you take care of your last-minute shopping, and more importantly, I hope you’ll join us for tomorrow’s Style Pick of the Week. Now, get to it!
- Whenever you talk about a stylish, durable watch, it’s advisable to turn to the folks at GQ. Yes, they do make some questionable styling choices and hop on and off quite a few trends, but hey, GQ.com rounded up 2016’s best watches — and the list includes some stone-cold stunners, like the rugged Tudor Black Bay Bronze.
- Let’s stay on the topic of GQ, shall we? The publication’s digital arm rounded up 16 holiday travel style favorites. Some of these picks are mighty premium — take the $840 AMI overcoat, for starters — but the premise is admirable. 16 items, a full set of outfits and some solid suggestions (denim-on-denim among them).
- And on the topic of last-second shopping, if you’ve got someone on your list who values a touch of irreverent style and a bit of high-fashion — like an embroidered Levi’s denim jacket — use the code ‘MERRY30’ to get 30!percent off almost everything online and in-store at Brooklyn’s own Kinfolk. Note that the deal excludes footwear, collaboration apparel & N. Hoollywood gear, but hey, there are plenty of picks from which to shop.
One last item to read …
- Did you catch the launch of the slick new Taylor Stitch Minimalist Collection? It includes a bifold wallet and a slim cardholder, among other goods. They’re reasonably priced for investment-worthy leather pieces and feature the classic design that’s made Taylor Stitch so coveted among lovers of great menswear. Get the scoop via my latest GearMoose post.
Did that help you fill the time between holiday shopping sessions? Once more, check out the women’s style gift guide and shop our men’s style gift guide as quickly as you can.
Finally: Have a great day, and a great weekend!
Quick, check your calendars. We’re just about one week from Christmas! That’s pretty wild, all things considered. It means it’s more than time to wrap up — or get started — on your holiday shopping, and it means it’s time to plan out a holiday travel ensemble or two (right?). Click through our women’s holiday gift guide to take care of everyone from your mother to your grandma; don’t worry, we’ll remind you next week, too. And maybe pick up something from this site’s men’s style holiday gift guide — it’s gonna come in handy, trust me. I’ve got a decent jump on my own holiday shopping — and my holiday menswear wish list, for sure — but there’s definitely more work to be done. (just a bit… I guess). Before I take care of some of that shopping, I’m pretty excited to close out the week — I’m heading to the fine city of Baltimore tonight to see The Head and The Heart, the joyous indie folk rockers out of Seattle! Seeing great live shows this fall, from Bastille — as I wrote about in last Friday’s weekly recap — to Local Natives in Providence has been really special, and I’m definitely excited to hit the road again. It’s my first time in Baltimore and my first time seeing the band, makers of one of the most easily listenable, enjoyable albums of the year in “Signs of Light” — oh, and a slew of other fun, rambling and rambunctious tracks like “Shake” and “Lost in My Mind.” So it should certainly be a heck of a fun show, and a heck of a fun way to end the week. Any recommendations for neat things to do in Baltimore? Send me a tweet on Twitter and I’ll get right to it — promise! As with my recent trip to upstate New York and my Thanksgiving visit to Florida, you can expect a full #menswear blog post on Monday — and you can check out exactly what I’m wearing via my Instagram in the meantime. If you haven’t, join us over at The Style Guide Facebook page — and for now, check out some of the best men’s style news o’ the week below.
- First things first — it’s primetime layering season. And as our friends at Esquire so wisely demonstrate, you need a stylish overshirt in your closet; make it one from Style Guide favorites Buck Mason, and you’re plenty set for cold weather style.
- Speaking of cold weather style — Esquire.com is coming back at ya with an overview of a seriously warm parka you also might want to pick up this week. Now, I’m not the biggest fan of his music per se, but Drake’s design project OVO certainly keeps things moving along nicely, particularly when it comes to the brand’s collaboration with Canada Goose. Yes, the OVO x Canada Goose collaboration offers up two pricey — but decidedly warm parkas and a set of matching trucker caps for your purchasing pleasure at the Canada Goose Web site.
- Still need some help sorting out your holiday shopping? Good thing the folks at Paul Fredrick are hooking you up with 20 percent off orders of $200 or more, plus free shipping on any order. Pick up a crisp white dress shirt — or a versatile denim shirt — for the style-minded guy in your life. Oh, and know that the deadline for standard shipping delivery in advance of Christmas is 11:59 p.m. EST today (Friday, folks). Happy shopping!
- So, we’ve also got something that should be of interest to both fashion fans and fans of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” — in theaters today. Old Navy has made some classic graphic tees for the occasion, and they’ve got picks for both adults and kids. Show some of that Star Wars spirit this season, ehh?
- One last thing before we hit the road for the weekend — the new MVMT Watches Modern Sport collection, if you haven’t seen, is packed with durable, handsome and functional timepieces like the Mariner Watch, as I covered for the fine folks at GearMoose. I’ll be bringing my own Calypso Watch from the Modern Sport collection with me to Baltimore this weekend, and I can’t recommend these eye-catching, sturdy and ultra-affordable watches enough.
Have menswear-related questions? Can’t figure out what to wear for the first snowfall? We’ve got you all set — happy shopping, happy reading and have a great weekend!