An elegant, masculine, rugged cologne from Duke Cannon.
When it comes to the best grooming essentials for winter, there are plenty of bases you’re to need to cover, from keeping your skin hydrated to ensuring that yes, your scent game (scent game?) is on-point. Ladies and gentlemen, on that note, I’m pleased to point you toward Duke Cannon Bourbon Solid Cologne, inspired by the rich oak scents found at Buffalo Trace Distillery — it’s seriously cool, and that unique craftsmanship makes it one of the best solid colognes for men (if not the best). Let’s get right down to it: The way you smell, the type of cologne you wear on a daily basis, can elevate your ensemble and your mood from good to great … to really great. And if you haven’t yet tried out a solid cologne, you’re going to be mighty pleased with Duke Cannon Solid Cologne. This sharp solid cologne is a handy and easy-to-use cologne option with a pleasingly masculine smell that’s not overpowering in the slightest — that’s a huge benefit compared to other colognes you might have been using (and Duke Cannon Bourbon Solid Cologne is a far cry from the AXE spray found in locker rooms of days gone by).
SHOP: Duke Cannon Bourbon Solid Cologne
A well-designed tin holds your new favorite cologne.
Now, if you’ve read the blog, you know that Duke Cannon is about more than just proper, extremely well-made men’s grooming essentials — they also give back to organizations that support military veterans, and the brand makes all of its must-have grooming picks right here in the United States. What’s not to love about that? But back to the exceptional Duke Cannon Bourbon Solid Cologne. The Oak Barrel scent is rich and quite pleasing to smell, and it’s the perfect cologne for winter because of that — there’s just something about this time of year that calls to mind rich whiskey, cold weather and warm fires. Wearing this Duke Cannon cologne to the office or to your favorite brewery or distillery is a bit like capturing that vibe in a bottle (or in well-designed tin, if you catch my drift). The bottom line is this: Duke Cannon makes some of the best men’s cologne on the market, and this is a brand worth trying if you’re looking to upgrade your grooming this year.
SHOP: Duke Cannon Bourbon Solid Cologne
Just one of many standout Duke Cannon grooming products to gift this season.
There are what you might call the expected holiday gifts for men (especially on Cyber Monday, not all of which are, honestly that *great*. Then, there are what you might call some of the best holiday gifts for men, like the essential and jam-packed Duke Cannon Supply Drop (featuring yuletide-themed holiday soaps and more men’s grooming essentials). Today, as you can tell, we’ll be focusing one of the best grooming gifts for men, a well-made collection of downright indispensable grooming goods — available for a Cyber Monday sale deal & made with care right in the U.S.A. If you read the blog regularly or check out my Instagram, you’ll know I’m a HUGE fan of Duke Cannon — these products, from beard oil to richly crafted soaps and colognes, feature bold scents and hardworking design. Seriously, where else can you get a Big Ass Bar of Soap in a variety of scents? Well, you can start with the Duke Cannon Supply Drop as a great men’s gift or as an early treat to yourself, and no one’s going to be disappointed with the results (again, especially on Cyber Monday!).
SHOP: The Duke Cannon Supply Drop
Yes, these soaps have a distinct holiday theme — that’s for the best, as they smell great and perform very well.
So, what’s inside this action-packed men’s grooming subscription box? In short, a bit of everything — it’s going to make whoever gets it a very happy and well-groomed guy. The centerpiece of the Duke Cannon Supply Drop might just be the Big Ass Brick of Soap done up in holiday-themed, limited-edition scents — these soaps smell downright pleasant for the holidays (yes, even the “Lump of Coal,” made with activated charcoal). They also do a great job at getting you cleaned up. The Supply Drop also features the brand’s famed Solid Cologne, to go along with its Shower Soap and the excellent Emergency Heat + Light Candle (as discussed in this post). Heck, you even get a steel flask in this lineup of the best men’s grooming goods — again, someone’s going to love this. The best part? The Duke Cannon Supply Drop delivers quarterly, ensuring whoever receives it never runs out of crucial men’s grooming gear. This box set is jam-packed, affordable & seriously essential — add it to your shopping list for the holidays.
SHOP: The Duke Cannon Supply Drop
So, it’s the night (or the morning) before another day at the office, and there you stand … with nothing in your closet to wear. Well, those days are gone. Today’s #OOTD will take a deep dive into how to dress for the office this spring, particularly if you work in a modern office — one where you might have to suit up for a big client meeting, but where you can get away with *gasp* slim dark denim and other polished, business-casual style staples the rest of the week. Now, we already talked about how to wear jeans to the office during fall and winter, so consider this a seasonal update. Take our picks below, from the classic Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt to a stylish spring blazer from Grayers — you see, it’s all about finding versatile pieces you can wear in more than one way. For instance, you could even wear the Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt all on its own, sleeves rolled, if need be. But that’s not why we’re here today. No sir, we’re telling you all about the best spring blazer and how to wear it, and it’s being paired up with stylish Chelsea boots, a pair of the aforementioned classic indigo denim, and other picks you might not think can work at the office … but absolutely do. How do you take on the challenge of stepping out in style for spring? Let me know on Twitter. Thanks for reading!
A mix of old and new favorites to get you ready for the office in style.
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch The Jack Shirt in White Reverse Jacquard, $125 — As essential for on-the-clock style as it is for off-duty relaxation, the collar roll of this classic shirt means you can wear it with or without a knit tie.
- The Blazer: Grayers Newport Blazer, $195 — From the Dusty Olive color to the cotton-spandex blend, this could be the best spring blazer for your wardrobe.
- The Office-Ready Denim: Taylor Stitch Slim Jeans in Sol Selvage, $178 — Believe it or not, you can wear jeans to the office — these slim Taylor Stitch jeans are a perfectly dressy inky blue color & made with cotton and linen.
- The Boots: Taylor Stitch Ranch Boots, $348 — We’re not out of the woods in terms of spring weather yet, so these stylish Chelsea boots from Taylor Stitch blend form and function admirably — and they’re seriously sharp for the office.
- The Watch: Carpenter Watches G4 Brooklyn Gent, $724.98 — A refined, classic leather watch like this handsome timepiece from Carpenter Watches never fails — especially at the office … oh, and don’t worry about matching up your leathers precisely.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey Eagle, $88 — A perfectly rugged yet versatile, stylish leather belt from Taylor Stitch — it pairs nicely with those Taylor Stitch Ranch Boots, too.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Solid Cologne in Bourbon, $25 — Just one of many men’s grooming essentials you need from Duke Cannon, the Duke Cannon Solid Cologne is the right way to upgrade your scent for the office (it’s important!)
- The Finishing Touch: Smartwool Merino Sport 150 Boxer Briefs, $30 — When is your underwear more than just underwear? When it’s made with possibly the world’s best fabric, Smartwool Merino. Perfect any day of the week.
Hopefully by now, you see the right way — or at least, one way — to make office dressing work for you. We’re not doing anything too fancy here, just pairing up a great spring shirt (theTaylor Stitch Jack Shirt) with a stylish spring blazer from Grayers for no-fuss, no-frills style that’s still a cut above the rest. And keep in mind that when you step out in slim Taylor Stitch jeans in an inky indigo color, you’re absolultely going to be polished enough for the office — the difference is that rich, dark blue color. As ever, stylish Chelsea boots from Taylor Stitch strike the right balance between rugged, casual & perfect for the office — especially if it’s a breezy, rainy spring day. And your accessories are keeping things nice and sharp, too. Take the office-ready nature of the stylish leather belt shown here — it’s as simple as that, and the combo looks even better when paired with a classic leather watch, specifically one that wears well at the office. The little details really do matter, which is why we’re recommending comfortable, durable Smartwool Merino boxer briefs, not to mention the right scent for any occasion — the Duke Cannon Solid Cologne in Bourbon. All told, this combo is the perfect way to dress for your office, no matter what day of the week. And again, yes … you can wear jeans to the office. Give it a try!
Folks, how was your Fourth of July?? I hope it was filled with plenty of fun, relaxation, some summer style essentials for the holiday … and, yes a cold brew and a tasty hot dog or burger (or two or three!) on the grill. I’ve actually been on vacation myself in the rolling countryside of Zeeland (Michigan!) these past few days celebrating the holiday with my whole family — my brother, his wife and four children, and my mom and dad. I truly can’t wait! It’s been a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of NYC, but I’ve still found the time to unplug, kick back and dress in style (check out my Instagram for more there). I hope you have, too. On another note, we’re also going to ensure your weekend starts off the right way, including recommendations for grooming essentials and stylish new denim aplenty. What could be better? We’ll see you for tomorrow’s Style Pick of the Week, and I’m wishing you a great weekend!
- Perhaps you, like me, are constantly in search of a grooming refresh. If that’s the case, I can’t recommend the work being done by Duke Cannon enough. I’ve had the chance over this past week to continue exploring the brand’s line, from the refreshing Solid Cologne to the sharp News Anchor Forming Cream, which helps me style my ‘do in new ways (I’ve recently been trying out what you might call a “hard side part”). I also love the lightweight finish and refreshing feel of the Standard Issue Face Lotion, along with the essential Best Damn Beard Oil. It’s really a comprehensive approach that’s super high-quality. If you follow me on Instagram, you can expect to see new content featuring their durable products very soon. Again, I’d wholeheartedly recommend the dependable quality and agreeable pricing that you’re getting with Duke Cannon.
Allow me to offer up another recommendation here when it comes to men’s style essentials — you can’t beat hard-working basics. Pieces that work every day and in every season. And you really can’t beat hard-working basics from a brand like Taylor Stitch
. I’m going to be testing out pieces like the Taylor Stitch Heavy Bag Tee
and the incredible-looking Taylor Stitch Slim Jeans in Cone Mills Standard
— you can expect lots more on those stellar, essential basics in the coming weeks here on The Style Guide and via my Instagram
- Now, we’ve talked before about how necessary and essential a pair of stylish light wash jeans can be, even in summer. With that in mind, here’s a refresher on my favorite light wash jeans for The Manual.
That’s going to close out today’s Friday Read, folks. I hope you all have a safe, fun and enjoyable holiday weekend! Cheers!