Let’s get real, folks: The weather out there calls for one of the best field jackets to meet worsening conditions while keeping you put together, warm and, just as equally important, stylish. We’ve got just the right jacket for you today. Yes indeed, it’s high time we got down to the business of more rugged fall style with today’s #OOTD. There are plenty of different iterations of the field jacket (in fact, I covered quite a few at Effortless Gent), but today’s jacket (the Flint and Tinder Flannel-Lined Waxed Hudson Jacket) is more of an updated take on the sporting jacket, as you’ll see below.
What does that mean for you? That means you can wear it on all your masked fall and winter pursuits with ease, be it weekend getaways, camping trips or quick-and-easy craft beer runs (that’s my modus operandi right there, as you know if you read my newsletter or follow me on Instagram). This outfit’s supporting cast is both rugged and refined, all the more versatile for whatever fall throws your way, including one of the best denim shirts and of course, a pair of classic Red Wing boots. For wherever your fall takes you, the best field jacket can certainly get the job done.
- The Field Jacket: Flint and Tinder Flannel-Lined Waxed Hudson Jacket, $258 — A unique take on the sporting jacket that’s proven a fast seller, this rugged waxed jacket is like a budget alternative to Bond’s jacket in Skyfall.
- The Shirt: Buck Mason Denim Vintage One-Pocket Shirt, $105 — A favorite staple of this blog, you can’t go wrong with a rugged denim shirt for fall from Buck Mason.
- The Henley: Alex Mill Henley in Sueded Jersey, $65 — Add even more rugged appeal to this #OOTD with a classic henley made for fall weekend wear particularly.
- The Denim: Todd Snyder Slim Fit Japanese Selvedge Denim in Washed Black, $228 — With Todd Snyder selvedge denim, you’re investing in the best of the best, no questions asked, and this handsome pair of black selvedge denim takes the cake.
- The Boots: Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger Boots, $329 — As classic a fall style staple as it gets, these Red Wing boots could just be the most rugged men’s boots on the market. Don’t worry about mixing black and tan here — it just works.
- The Socks: Bombas Men’s Work Boot Calf Socks, $22 — Your rugged boots call for some rugged men’s boot socks to provide optimum comfort and style — Bombas men’s socks check all the right boxes.
- The Watch: Lum-Tec M88 Watch, $575 — To pair up with this ensemble’s other tough style staples, you need a rugged leather watch, a la the Lum-Tec M88 Watch.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Dryden Briefcase, $195 — Whatever it is your hauling this fall (for me, it’s often a craft beer growler, a journal and a book, to name a few), the Filson Dryden Briefcase can more than pass muster.
Alright, if you ask me, you can really feel it in the air, and you can nearly see the fall season jump right off the page with this #OOTD. It’s got all the functional and tough gear your fall and winter season requires, starting with a rugged waxed jacket that, as I mentioned, is like a budget alternative to Bond’s jacket in Skyfall. That’s a mighty good spot to be in, especially when you layer it atop a rugged denim shirt for fall from Buck Mason. To keep you warm and moving around in style as you head from distillery to brewery or day hike back into town, a classic henley provides some added warmth, while a pair of black selvedge denim add some edgy, cool appeal to this ensemble. It’s all set off nicely by about as premium a pair of men’s boots as you’re apt to find: The Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger Boots, a true fall style staple.
As it were, the Lum-Tec M88 Watch is a rugged and tough watch that fits right in with the rest of this look, while a pair of Bombas men’s socks is enough to provide plenty of comfort and style for days on the road and at home. Of course, to haul all your gear, you also need the best of the best — enter the Filson Dryden Briefcase, the type of everyday bag you should be proud to own. And, well, that’s that — there’s your #OOTD. Head to Twitter to let me know how you end up rocking it. Cheers, my friends!