Check your watch, check your calendar, check this blog — we’re just two (TWO) days away from Christmas! It’s been a hectic week between my winter trip to Baltimore and some travel to sunny Florida, but I hope you’re en route to your holiday destination — and traveling in style, of course. If you’ve slacked (big-time) on your gift buying, check out our women’s holiday gift guide and the requisite men’s holiday gift guide one final, last time. And right after we turn from Christmas, New Year’s Eve is upon us — to that end, we’ll cover what to wear on New Year’s Eve in the next few days. And we’ll be going through men’s style resolutions for 2017, too. If your resolutions include upgrading your workout gear, you’d do well to enter this site’s latest menswear giveaway. But back to business. It’s been great to reflect on a stellar year in NYC over the last few days; that includes the chance to build on my career in fashion PR, write this blog and pursue my passion through other great menswear sites like The Manual and GearMoose. We’re not done with the style content on this blog for 2016 yet — far from it. For now, I’ll leave you today with the best in men’s style — I hope you take care of your last-minute shopping, and more importantly, I hope you’ll join us for tomorrow’s Style Pick of the Week. Now, get to it!
- Whenever you talk about a stylish, durable watch, it’s advisable to turn to the folks at GQ. Yes, they do make some questionable styling choices and hop on and off quite a few trends, but hey, GQ.com rounded up 2016’s best watches — and the list includes some stone-cold stunners, like the rugged Tudor Black Bay Bronze.
- Let’s stay on the topic of GQ, shall we? The publication’s digital arm rounded up 16 holiday travel style favorites. Some of these picks are mighty premium — take the $840 AMI overcoat, for starters — but the premise is admirable. 16 items, a full set of outfits and some solid suggestions (denim-on-denim among them).
- And on the topic of last-second shopping, if you’ve got someone on your list who values a touch of irreverent style and a bit of high-fashion — like an embroidered Levi’s denim jacket — use the code ‘MERRY30’ to get 30!percent off almost everything online and in-store at Brooklyn’s own Kinfolk. Note that the deal excludes footwear, collaboration apparel & N. Hoollywood gear, but hey, there are plenty of picks from which to shop.
One last item to read …
- Did you catch the launch of the slick new Taylor Stitch Minimalist Collection? It includes a bifold wallet and a slim cardholder, among other goods. They’re reasonably priced for investment-worthy leather pieces and feature the classic design that’s made Taylor Stitch so coveted among lovers of great menswear. Get the scoop via my latest GearMoose post.
Did that help you fill the time between holiday shopping sessions? Once more, check out the women’s style gift guide and shop our men’s style gift guide as quickly as you can.
Finally: Have a great day, and a great weekend!
Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
As we kick off another Friday, I’m once again looking back on this week and heading to my home state of Michigan, as I was earlier this month for a summer wedding — that’s a lot of quality time (much-needed) back in the Mitten. And it caps off a busy week, particularly when I look back at the stellar time I had rocking out — and rocking some great menswear at NYC’s Panorama festival. On that note, is anyone heading to Lollapalooza this weekend? Or already there? Jealous! Either way, I hope you’ve been getting all your summer tunes and travel in — and dressing to travel in style, too. The summer’s definitely flying by, but it seems as good a time as any to look back. It’s taken me upstate to see Lucius, it’s taken me on a stylish Memorial Day trip, and it’s taken me around New York City for some excellent product launches and blogger events in between — all while striking that tricky balance between versatile style and ease of movement, not an easy task in the heat of NYC. That busy schedule also leaves a lot of menswear news to catch up on — and I’ve picked out a few favorite pieces from this week below. After you’re done reading, follow along with my adventures back in Michigan via Instagram or Twitter, and check back here tomorrow for our Style Pick of the Week — rest assured, a full trip recap is coming along Monday.
- Who dressed well this week? What lessons should you take from ’em? Those are precisely the questions Esquire answered as part of its summer-friendly Best-Dressed Men of the Week feature.
- Here’s one for all you spirits fans out there — I had the pleasure of attending a delicious celebration of this past Sunday courtesy of the fine folks at Patron, who dubbed it International Tequila Day. Since it is Friday and all, if you fancy stirring up some delicious drinks for yourself, check out some delicious tequila recipes from my buddy Sam over at The Manual.
- And on the menswear front, you can never have enough stylish, durable socks — right? The team at American Trench knows this very well (and if you read The Style Guide, so do you!). It’s fitting that the brand just launched the latest addition to its line of well-made socks — the Mil-Spec Sport Sock is made with anti-microbial silver filament yarn in the heel, toe and sole. In layman’s terms, that means these socks kill bacteria and help keep your feet dry while feeling super-comfortable (and looking super-stylish). Look for more on those socks this fall on The Style Guide (wink, wink).
Want one more story to read? Here are two.
- Yours truly appreciates a lot more than just fine menswear and craft beer — I also love me a great steak or burger, so I pulled together your top summer grilling essentials over at The Manual.
- Just as I dig a great craft beer or some awesome live tunes, I also dig a well-made chambray shirt (and often combine all three at the same time). My latest GearMoose post covers the best chambray shirts for men — and you should buy one, or several, ASAP.