Perhaps you’ve got a stylish pair of black denim in your closet — perhaps you’re even wearing that pair now. But lest you think that classic black jeans only work on the weekends or as you dress to head to a rock concert … think again. It’s 2019, and with that, we’re diving in today to examine how to wear jeans to the office this winter. And our featured product checks all the right boxes — the Flint and Tinder Jet Black Jeans ($118) are as good as it gets. Again, you’re not putting on just any old pair of jeans and calling it a day — wearing a stylish pair of black denim to the office only works if the jeans in question are sleek and well-fitting, not baggy or overly faded. And you’ve got to complement that outfit the right way — in this case, a classic sweater from Taylor Stitch stands in for a blazer in terms of cool-yet-crisp style, while rugged leather boots from Nisolo substitute for dress shoes. We’re also sticking with an office-ready watch, a slim brown leather belt, and — naturally — an investment-level peacoat. I’ll let you figure out the rest below, though. To see how I’m dressing for the office this winter, head to my Instagram. Thanks for reading!
- The Slim Black Denim: Flint and Tinder Jet Black Jeans, $118 — Every guy needs a pair of stylish black denim in his closet — and yes, with a slim cut and a cool color, you can wear ’em to the office.
- The Sweater: Taylor Stitch Rangeley Sweater, $168 — Shake up your winter sweater game with a classic sweater from Taylor Stitch — attainable, premium layering for winter.
- The Shirt: Faherty Brand Melange Oxford Shirt, $118 — Can’t get enough of Faherty Brand? Neither can I. This classic Oxford shirt is less refined than a dress shirt, yet still polished, so you can certainly wear it for a casual day on the clock.
- The Peacoat: Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, $695 — How are you fighting winter’s chill on your commute or your lunch break? Answer: A classic peacoat from Billy Reid.
- The Boots: Nisolo Andres All-Weather Boots, $288 — Looking for sleek leather boots that are made to take on the weather? Nisolo has you covered.
- The Stylish Casual Watch: Zodiac Chrono Quartz Watch, $495 — The right blend of office-ready style and everyday durability is a tricky one — this stylish casual watch from Zodiac checks all the right boxes, though.
- The Socks: CHUP Fika Socks, $35 — We didn’t say you could skimp on your stylish socks, did we? CHUP makes some of the best pairs around — that’s a fact.
- The Winter Grooming Essential: Bespoke Post Groomed Box, $45 — When you sign up for Bespoke Post, you get access to grooming essentials like these at a low price. You’re going to look great at the office in every possible way.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey, $88 — As I say nearly every week, accessories shouldn’t fall by the wayside — this classic leather belt from Taylor Stitch proves that quite easily.
- The Everyday Bag: Filson 24-Hour Tin Cloth Brief, $395 — Getting around in winter is a different beast — a rugged everyday bag from Filson is up to the challenge of the season’s worst.
Winter again demands that you navigate the chilly weather and nasty storms in style without missing a beat — that’s exceptionally true if you’re heading to the office. Again, that doesn’t mean you need to shelve your stylish black denim until the weekend. In fact, it means you need to step up the rest of your game accordingly. So, I’d recommend you throw on a classic peacoat from Billy Reid, then accessorize the rest of your outfit with pieces like the Taylor Stitch Rangeley Sweater — it’s a truly classic winter sweater that provides comfort and refined style. It should be complemented quite nicely by an equally classic Oxford shirt from our friends at Faherty Brand — the premium fabric and timeless silhouette are winners in my book. Need to go even more tailored? Add a navy knit tie.
On the footwear front, you’re tackling the demands of navigating winter streets and also looking sharp for the office — enter sleek leather boots from the good folks at Nisolo. Your wrist game also should reflect both winter weather and office style, and the handsome Zodiac Chrono Quartz Watch makes that easy to do. Believe it or not, stylish socks from CHUP can also work nicely at the office — both as a conversation starter and an added touch of visual interest. Throwing on a classic leather belt from Taylor Stitch ties this whole outfit together quite nicely — don’t forget to bring your rugged everyday bag from Filson to your next meeting, though. The key with getting dressed for the office in winter all comes back to reaching for the right gear — gear that blends functionality with clean, classic style.