Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
If the headline at the top of the page wasn’t a dead giveaway, we’ve arrived at Friday once again. How was your week? If it included any menswear shopping — but didn’t include a pass through the East Dane Event of the Season sale — I’d urge you to double-back, ASAP. And if it did include #menswear shopping, that begs the question — are you all set with your Fall Style Wish List? It really is finally starting to feel like everyone’s favorite menswear season around here, and that transition dovetailed nicely with a busy four-day week of seasonal preparations for yours truly. A lovely weekend with my family in NYC led into a Monday spent working on content for this here blog and Effortless Gent, along with the requisite Brooklyn explorations — you can check out the results of that work starting with tomorrow’s Style Pick entry, for one!
And now that the weekend’s nearly here, I get the chance to pursue two of my passions at once. Combining live music and menswear is, as you know from reading The Style Guide, maybe my favorite thing to do — there’s nothing better than checking out live music in NYC and elsewhere, and dressing for a rock concert can be pretty fun, to boot. In this case, it’ll be particularly exciting to see the incomparable CHVRCHES headline Radio City Music Hall on Saturday night! And in fitting fashion, I’m going to be jamming out in some great gear courtesy of Forever21 Men. You can follow along for the whole ride on Instagram or via Twitter, and know that we’re coming right back at you with another set of (brand-new!) seasonal shopping picks on Monday. Oh, and before I forget — your recap of the week in menswear is below. Carry on.
- If you need a functional, stylish bag that brings with it a dash of color and intrigue, consider yourself set. The made-in-America gear purveyors at Timbuk2 just opened a new NYC store in NoHo (325 Lafayette Street), and they’re set to open one in Brooklyn (214 Berry Street, to be exact) next month. On top of that, the brand is partnering with artist and native New Yorker Dave Ortiz on a limited-edition messenger bag. The bag features neat zig-zag piping on the exterior and an Ortiz-designed silk screen print interior based on Ortiz’s famed “The Indian” print. Oh, and you know what’s even cooler? The first 100 people at the NoHo store — between 11 a.m. and 7p.m. — on Saturday (that’s tomorrow!) get the chance to trade in any used bag for a brand-new Timbuk2 x Ortiz bag. Keep in mind, though — only the first 100. Get to it! Not bad, ehh?
- We’ve got another dose of made-in-America menswear comin’ at ya –inspired by workwear and classic heritage, NYC-based Bridge & Boro just launched a Kickstarter celebrating all that American manufacturing has to offer. More specifically, we’re talking the chance to pre-order what looks to be unique, high-quality selvedge denim, made right in America. They’re also offering a small run of plaid shirts for pre-order as part of their initial men’s collection –what say you? Will you be funding this effort?
- And last but not least, Halloween is on the way. The ever-stylish team at Esquire gets you up to speed on the
coolest Halloween costumes for stylish guys this season — handy, right?
We’re not done with the week in menswear yet …
- From a denim overshirt — as featured in this week’s #OOTD — to a heck of a black moto jacket from the team at Taylor Stitch, I rounded up the best jackets for fall over at The Manual. Read now, buy now — am I right, or am I right?
- Oh, and one last reminder to check out this site’s recap of the best sale picks at East Dane this week — seriously, get on it while you can, as that sale ends at midnight EST on Sunday.
Set your alarm early tomorrow morning — a new seasonal menswear pick o’ the week is coming at you. Until then — stay stylish!